Thursday, March 5, 2015

Message from Ms. Sunmark

Hello Everyone,
Thanks for coming out to our concert on Wednesday and for those of you who couldn't be there I made the announcement that I would be taking a leave of absence from the band room for some time. I am having significant issues with my ears and I need time to heal. The district is on board to make the necessary acoustic adjustments in the band room as well. We don't have a clear time line but I am assuming it will be at least three months before I can come back full time.

Deborah Kovach will be the interim band director and I have every confidence in her. She has already had the opportunity to work with the Maywood band students. She will be sending out an introductory message to all of you.

I will continue to help coordinate the program so do send me your emails. I WILL be at solo and ensemble this weekend and am looking forward to hearing those of you who are performing. I will also be taking the 8th grade on the PLU field trip in May. I may also be taking the 8th grade to festival in April. I'll keep you posted on that.

I have received your emails about grades, instrument needs, and music selection suggestions. I'll be getting back to you all next week. I'm still supporting you all, just from a distance:-)

Please keep in touch. I miss you all so much.
Ms. S.

No comments:

Post a Comment